The annual Directors Award honours the service of both current and previous members of Sinneave’s Board of Directors. The award acknowledges that specific experiences or equipment can support youth and adults to build independence or improve quality of life, yet certain financial circumstances may restrict individuals from accessing these experiences or equipment. The Directors Award may be used to purchase items that support achieving goals in the areas of post-secondary education, employment or independent living.
• Recipients may receive the Directors Award more than once to a maximum cumulative value of $1000.
• There are two application cycles for 2021:
- The summer cycle deadline is August 1, 2021 and successful applicants will be notified via email before August 13, 2021.
- The winter cycle deadline is October 31, 2021 and successful winter applicants will be notified via email before November 19, 2021.
If your request is time-sensitive, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Directors Award Time Sensitive Application in the subject line.
- The Directors Award recipient must be 15 years of age or older, identify as on the autism spectrum and be a resident of Alberta. The recipient or their parent/legal guardian will be asked to provide their social insurance number for the T4 and sign a release of liability and waiver before the Directors Award is issued.
- Individuals that are directors, officers, employees, volunteers, or student interns, during the time the application is open, and their immediate family members are not eligible to receive Sinneave scholarships and awards.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. Please put ‘Directors Award‘ in the subject line of your email.
- Complete the online application form. A supporting letter from a third party (i.e. social agency, teacher, coach, therapist, family member, friend, colleague) must be attached to the application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you have questions or require assistance completing the application, please call (403) 210-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- It is possible the selection committee will want to conduct a brief telephone interview with select candidates.
- Click here to complete your application.
• Cheques will be issued to the recipient within two weeks of email notification. A T4 will be issued to the recipient.