The Richard Haskayne Scholarship for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave) is pleased to promote advancement in education by offering the Richard Haskayne Post-Secondary Scholarship to students on the autism spectrum. This award is named after Mr. Richard Haskayne, celebrated entrepreneur and philanthropist who added his wisdom and expertise to the early development of The Sinneave Family Foundation. Mr. Haskayne served as a founding Board Member from 2008-2012. We honour his many contributions with an annual scholarship to a deserving Albertan on the autism spectrum who is pursuing a post high school education, training or vocation program.
Applications for the 2023 Richard Haskayne Scholarship are now OPEN.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com please put “Richard Haskayne Scholarship” in the subject line.
To recognize and reward the achievements of students on the autism spectrum who are enrolling in a post high school program (e.g., college, university, vocational/technical school) in Alberta.
The amount and number of scholarships awarded is at the discretion of The Sinneave Family Foundation. The typical disbursement is four (4) scholarships of $2500.
Terms and Conditions of the Richard Haskayne Scholarship – Please read carefully before applying:
- The applicant must currently live in Alberta and be accepted or enrolled at an Alberta college, university, vocational or technical school.
- Successful recipients may receive a Scholarship only once.
- In the case of applicants whose written communication skills may be more limited, we require two letters of recommendation. The first letter of recommendation must come from a teacher, counselor, coach, or other non-relative. The second letter must come from a relative or friend in the form of a personal letter of support.
- Individuals that are Sinneave directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and practicum students, during the time the application is open, and their immediate family members are not eligible to receive Sinneave scholarships and awards.
Applications are now OPEN for the 2023 Richard Haskayne Scholarship.
Candidates must complete the online application and submit before midnight Mountain Time on May 31, 2023.
To access the application, click on the words, Apply Today!
Reviewer’s base their evaluation and recommendations on the personal story conveyed in the essay or letters submitted:
- challenges that have been overcome,
- future aspirations,
- the importance of the chosen field of study, and
- how the scholarship will help the applicant achieve academic, career, and personal goals.
The point values for each question in the application are noted in the application form.
Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition in August. The award will be disbursed after the recipient provides proof of enrolment to a program that starts in fall of 2023 or later to The Sinneave Family Foundation. A T4A will be issued for the amount of the award.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org please put Richard Haskayne Scholarship in the subject line.