The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave) is dedicated to improving the transition to adulthood for individuals with autism. The Directors Award honours the service of both current and previous members of Sinneave’s Board of Directors. The award acknowledges that specific experiences or equipment can support autistic Albertans over the age of 15 to build independence or improve quality of life, yet certain financial circumstances may restrict individuals from accessing these experiences or equipment. The Directors Award may be used for a broad range of items. Examples of items/services that fit within the Directors Award are tuition for PEERS training, community recreation classes, iPad, work boots, clothes for the work place, and deposit for rental housing.
• Recipients may receive the Directors Award more than once to a maximum cumulative value of $2000.
• Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis. If an application is time-sensitive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the subject line: Time sensitive application to the Directors Award.
• The Directors Award recipient must be 15 years of age or older, have an autism diagnosis and be a resident of Alberta. Please review the Directors Award Policies prior to applying as the recipient or parent/legal guardian must sign a release of liability and waiver before the Directors Award can be issued.
• Individuals that are directors, officers, employees, and volunteers, during the time the application is open, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to receive Sinneave scholarships and awards.
• Questions may be directed to email@example.com. Please put ‘Directors Award‘ in the subject line of your email.
• The applicant should complete the online application form here.
• A letter from a third party (e.g., social agency, teacher, therapist) supporting the request must be attached to the application form.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• It is possible the selection committee will want to conduct a brief telephone interview with select candidates.
• If applicants have questions or require assistance completing the application, please call (403) 210-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
• Successful applicants will be notified via email. Arrangements to collect all 2020 awards must be complete by December 1, 2020.