- This event has passed.
Autism Housing Network of Alberta (AHNA) – Monthly Meeting
May 31, 2023, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This month, the Autism Housing Network of Alberta (AHNA) is talking about the essential components of finding Market Housing: Searching, Viewing and Applying.
Together we will explore these stages of the housing search process so you can improve your chances of being approved for the housing opportunity of your choice. You will increase your confidence and familiarize yourself, so you are prepared when you decide to make your move! For example: What should I look for in a rental? What questions should I ask when attending a viewing? What should I include on my application to rent? What might I omit? Join us to discuss and learn more.
Search, View, Apply: How to get approved for Market Housing is offered In-person at Autism Edmonton’s office (11720 Kingsway Northwest Edmonton, AB T5G 0X5)
and Virtually, May 31 @ 6:30 p.m.
To register for this FREE monthly meeting, click the appropriate link below.
In-person: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/632778717177 with Light Refreshments
A Little About AHNA
Autism Edmonton and Autism Alberta have created an exciting new housing program to advance opportunities with affordable housing providers for autistic adults within the province of Alberta. We are building connections and increasing awareness among communities and rental providers throughout the province. If you are looking for housing solutions within the next year, we can support and help you navigate to housing and other related supports you may need.
*Please note: we currently do not provide emergency housing. Should you be in need of emergency housing we are able to provide you with a list of supports and agencies that you can access to assist you.
Key Program Features:
- Must have income that can support your needs
- Able to live independently
- Complete an intake form that better helps us understand how to best support you
Who is it for:
- Neurodiverse people who have inadequate housing
- Adults living with family looking to move out
- Autistic people in vulnerable or unsafe housing
Things to Consider:
- Are you able to live independently?
- Can the community support your needs?
- What level of support would you need to live in the community?
- Are you looking for friendly, involved neighbours or your own space
- Where would you like to live?
- When would you like to move?
Click Here to join the Network and stay informed of educational and housing opportunities in Alberta. (This link will take you to a sign-up page where you can choose from a variety of areas of interest – please select the Housing option.)