- This event has passed.
Launch into Life! Workshops – Jan 29th, Feb 5th, and Feb 12th, 2019
January 29, 2019, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This workshop is a three part series:
Tuesdays, January 29th, February 5th, and February 12th, 2019 (6:30pm to 8:30pm)
Transitioning into adulthood and the community beyond high school can be challenging for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Comprehensive transition planning can help to manage the challenges during this time and maximize the potential for each person to live a full and meaningful life.
The Launch Program at the Ability Hub was developed to help families prepare for and respond to key life transitions, and to guide the journey from adolescence to adulthood.
We are pleased to offer a workshop series called Launch into Life! that helps families create an Individualized Transition Plan for their child and provides valuable information about the following topics:
- Understanding and preparing for key transitions across the lifespan
- Managing health and mental health issues in ASD
- Navigating the change from pediatric to adult health and support care systems
- Finding the right social and recreational programs in the community for your child
- Creating a shared vision for your child’s future
- Developing life and vocational skills
- Exploring volunteer and work opportunities
- Understanding housing and supportive programming options in adulthood
- Legal and Financial issues including guardianship and program funding
Dates: Tuesdays, January 29th, February 5th, and February 12th, 2019 (6:30pm to 8:30pm)
Cost: $75 (includes program materials, Transition Resource Guide and parking in Lot 53)
Location: The Green Room at The Ability Hub (#300, 3820-24th Avenue NW, Calgary)
For further information call 403.210.5000 or email email@example.com