- This event has passed.
Launch into Life! Workshop in Red Deer, AB
September 28, 2019, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Autism Grows Up! A workshop to help plan for your child’s adult future
Planning for the future of our kids with special needs is often paralyzing, mostly because of the fear and the ominous task of navigating the system, finding the resources, and simply finding the time to pay attention to the details required.
In order to support our CommUNITY and families through the transitions that lie ahead, The Sinneave Family Foundation is generously offering this full-day planning workshop at Catholic Social Services, 5104 – 48 Avenue in Red Deer, Alberta.
Launch into Life! helps families and caregivers create an Individualized Transition Plan and provides valuable information about the following topics:
- Understanding and preparing for key transitions across the lifespan
- Managing health and mental health issues in Autism
- Navigating the change from pediatric to adult health and support care systems
- Finding the right social and recreational programs in the community for your child
- Creating a shared vision for your child’s future
- Developing life and vocational skills
- Exploring volunteer and work opportunities
- Understanding housing and supportive programming options in adulthood
- Legal and Financial issues including guardianship and program funding
For more info or questions please call 403-392-1885 or email email@example.com
About organizer Kim Fox:
Kim Fox is a REALTOR® with RE/MAX in Red Deer, her youngest daughter Kyra is 17 with Autism. Kim is a Director on the Board for the Autism Society Alberta and Co-Chair of Sinneave’s Provincial Housing Advisory Group. Kim is passionate about creating a supportive and informed, inclusive community for families and individuals with differing needs; focusing on long-term independent living and housing solutions.