Summer Career Development Camps – August 13 – 16, 2018
August 13, 9:30 am - August 16, 2:30 pm
Are you interested and motivated to develop your employability skills over the summer?
Meticulon is pleased to partner with The Sinneave Family Foundation to provide employment-readiness summer development camps. Over 4 days you can kick-start your learning with a sampler of the Meticulon Assessment Service (MAS) and the Launch + Skills Program. MAS is a high-tech tool that combines individualized learning strategies with an online personal coaching guide. Launch + Skills coaches will introduce you to a variety of skill building activities designed to support success in education, employment and independence.
Who is it for?
Individuals with autism who are:
- 13-27 years of age
- able to independently attend a program for 5 hours/day for 4 consecutive days (including lunch break)
- interested and motivated to develop employability skills
- able to work on a computer and in group settings
1. Completion of the MAS assessment will provide you with a roadmap for skill building strategies (2.5 hours/day) including:
- Assessment projects and activities (some are computer-based)
- Learning to use the MAS online app on your own device
Upon completion of the camp, you will have ongoing access to the MAS app with your own individualized strategies and tips for skill development.
2. Launch+ Skills coaching (1.5 hours/day):
Some of the activities include:
- Career exploration
- Interest and aptitude inventories
- Resume development
- Exploring the benefits of volunteer experience
- Strategies for getting and keeping a job
Upon completion of the camp, you will be more knowledgeable about yourself, possible employment options, programs or supports that might be a good fit for you, and how to access them.
There are a limited number of spots in each camp, so register early to take advantage of this opportunity.
Dates: August 13 – August 16
Times: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Location: #300, 3820 – 24 Avenue NW (The Ability Hub)
Cost: $50 (covers program materials)
For more information on the 2018 Summer Career Development Camps, please call 403.210.5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.