Norquest College is offering a new program for Autistic young adults between the ages 18-30 years!
Autism CanTech! provides Autistic youth with robust supports to succeed in their careers and empowers participants to be supported and independent in the workforce, with an autistic-centred approach.
The application deadline is March 22, 2021, and the program starts April 5, 2021.
Successful applicants will be enrolled in a six-month training program that will prepare them to perform data processing roles for a variety of businesses in the digital economy including those in education, finance, government, software, and healthcare. Autism CanTech! gives Autistic youth a chance to learn entry-level employability and technical skills for the digital economy.
Participants will be given a two-month paid work placement following skills development training. Employers will be prepared with inclusivity practices and culture tools to support participants in their role to confidently engage with each other and their clients, and strengthen organizations in every aspect of work and results. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with other youth on the Autism Spectrum, and can continue to maintain AISH or other government supports while in the program.
Pre-requisites and requirements:
- Identifies as a person on the Autism spectrum (can be self-diagnosed)
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Is not currently employed
- Not currently in school or training
- Proficient use of a PC and software programs (Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, etc.)
- ‘Work ready’; ability to keep to routine; has some flexibility and is ready to learn new skills
- Has a passion for the tech sector, computers, gaming, hardware, and software
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org