The MedicAlert Autism Program is a new national initiative offered by The Canadian MedicAlert Foundation in partnership with Autism Canada. This program offers new subscribers with autism a chance to get a free ID (you choose from a selection of products), a shoe tag and one year of MedicAlert Protection for $60.00, a savings of $101.99! They will send out a renewal notice 45 days prior to expiry where you can chose from monthly payments, which requires a credit card to be kept on file, or other yearly prepayment options.
The on-line registration process is very detailed, and if you require assistance you can call the help line at 1-800-668-1507 with questions or to have them register you over the phone. Please note that the on-line registration requires you to first pay the $60 fee with a credit card, and then complete the comprehensive Client Profile. This part of registration is broken into sections:
- Description of subscriber including a photo you can upload.
- This includes everything from hair color to height and weight
- Visible marks ie. scar, tattoo
- Behavior Management
- Triggers and calming techniques that could assist Emergency Responders
- Physician Contact information
- Emergency Contact Information (there doesn’t seem to be a limit to how many people you can include)
- Medical Details
- Medical Condition
- Special need for the client
Please have this information available when you start the registration process as it is best to complete in one session. If you want to be sure that you have provided correct and adequate information, please call the help line at 1-800-668-1507 and they will be happy to assist. https://www.medicalert.ca/autism