Participate in Research:
Workplace disability disclosure decisions among youth and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Principal Investigator: Dr. Sally Lindsay
Centre for Leadership: Participation & Inclusion
Are you a youth or young adult with autism?
Consider participating in a study about youths’ experiences and needs related to disability disclosure decisions at work.
What is this study about?
We want to understand the experiences and opinions of youth with autism related to disclosing a disability at work. We want to know what youth need to help make disclosure decisions in the workplace.
Who can participate?
We are looking for:
• Youth with autism aged 15-29
• Able to communicate in English
• Currently employed or has paid work experience
Participants will be asked to take part in:
• 1 virtual focus group session using Zoom (around 2 hours) with other youth with autism.
• Help us learn about the disclosure process and what youth with autism need to help make disclosure decisions at work.
• No identified risks for participating.
Participants will receive a gift card and can also receive volunteer hours as a token of appreciation to thank them for their time.
TO ASK QUESTIONS OR TO SIGN UP, email Vanessa Tomas, MSc – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-425-6220 ext. 3091.
Click on the link below to download the flyer.