Are you in high school and considering enrolling in a post-secondary program when you graduate? Did you take a gap-period after graduating and are now thinking about continuing your studies?
Excel Campus Prep is a five-day summer course for individuals with autism who are planning to enroll in a post-secondary program after graduating from high school.
Post-secondary programs can include degree, diploma, certificate, vocational or other training programs. This course will provide an orientation and onsite tour of several campuses in Calgary including the University of Calgary, Mount Royal University, SAIT, Alberta University of the Arts (formerly ACAD), and Bow Valley College.
Excel Campus Prep is intended for individuals aged 16 and over who can be independent in the community for up to 30 minutes (without an aide). Participants will be expected to bring or buy their own lunch on campus at the food court. Participants will also be responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from each campus.
Topics to be covered include:
• Post-secondary readiness and program options
• Academic and career planning
• Stress and time management
• Effective communication and group work
• Navigating to and around campus
• Campus supports and accessibility services
• Recreational and club opportunities on campus
Maximum participants per course: 12
Cost: $125 per person*
* Registration cost is partially subsidized by The Sinneave Family Foundation. If additional financial assistance is required please contact us.
The 2019 Summer Courses are now full and registration is closed.
Option 1 – Monday, July 15 to Friday, July 19th (9:30 am to 3:30 pm)
Option 2 – Monday, July 29 to Friday, August 2nd (9:30 am to 3:30 pm)
Option 3 – Monday, August 12 to Friday, August 16th (9:30 am to 3:30 pm)
Excel Campus Prep is an initiative of The Sinneave Family Foundation. For more information please email email@example.com or call 1.888.733.7976.