EmploymentWorks is a program that offers employment preparedness training for autistic youth and adults and those with other neurodiversities who are seeking opportunities to practice and develop the essential skills necessary to obtain sustainable employment. The EmploymentWorks Program is currently being offered by 8 providers in 7 provinces across Canada.
The program was designed for individuals:
- Over 15 years of age
- Who are on the autism spectrum or neurodiverse
- That are motivated to find a job
- Who can commit to the 3 month manualized program for 5 hours per week.
For 12 weeks, up to 10 adult participants attend two 2.5 hour sessions per week.
- Structured Learning:
The first session of each week focuses on career exploration, employment readiness and soft skills development. Key topics include:
- Knowing Yourself as a Working Person (What are your strengths and interests?)
- Engaging in the Culture of Employment (What does the boss want? How to overcome challenges?)
- Building Skills for Employment (How to network; developing social thinking skills)
- Job Sampling and Virtual Simulations:
The second session of each week provides participants the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment and take part in highly interactive virtual job simulations that replicate real world work environments and tasks.
Following the 12-week program, ongoing program support is provided as participants transition from weekly structured learning and job sampling to active job seeking and employment. This may include 1:1 support and/or group based discussions, navigation to LinkedIn Learning courses for ongoing skill development and learning, and webinars with and/or connections to local employers and placement agencies.
In addition, all participants will have access to LinkedIn Learning and 1000’s of professionally-led courses and videos.
There is currently no cost to participate in the EmploymentWorks program. The only requirement is for participants to report on their employment outcomes 3, 6, and 12 months following the program.
- September 22, 2021 to December 9, 2021
Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:30am to 12:00pm.
To learn more about the EmploymentWorks program and how it may help support your employment goals, contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-733-7976.
Click here to visit the EmploymentWorks website and check out impact stories from participants, parents and employers.