- This event has passed.
Sinneave Wants YOUR Input! Participate in a Community Engagement Session
June 29, 2022, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
One event on June 29, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Do you have an interest in programs and services for Autistic adults in Alberta? We want your input!
Sinneave’s vision is for Autistic adults to live, learn, work and thrive in their communities and realize their desired futures. We want to engage the autism community, particularly autistic adults, to help identify priorities and needs in the community and are recruiting people to provide expertise and guidance on our work.
We want to know things like:
- What does thriving mean to you?
- Do you feel like you are thriving?
- What would have to change for you to feel like you are thriving?
- What program or service would improve your life today?
- What program or service would improve your life in 3-5 years?
We estimate that reading background materials and providing feedback will take 2-3 hours. Sinneave is offering participants a $100 honorarium in appreciation of the gift of your time. Background material will be sent 1 week before your session and it will be a 5 page document with discussion questions. The sessions will be facilitated by Sinneave staff who themselves are on the autism spectrum, have family members on the spectrum or have worked extensively with the autism community.
If you are willing and able to participate in the community engagement you can still share your feedback with us. Please note, all virtual sessions are full.
- *UPDATED* Session FULL – Attend a one hour, virtual feedback session on June 24, 2022 from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- *UPDATED* Session FULL – Attend a one hour, virtual feedback session on June 27, 2022 from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Attend a one hour, in-person feedback session on June 29, 2022 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
*This will take place at the Ability Hub – 300, 3820-24th Ave NW, and the cost of parking or transit use will be covered
- *UPDATED* Session FULL – Attend a one-hour, virtual feedback session on June 30, 2022 from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Have a phone or video call with a community engagement coordinator.
- Suggest another format that suits your access needs.
Fill out this quick form by clicking the FORM button below and we will be in touch with more information.
If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to email@example.com