The Doctor Fraser Mustard Scholarship for Advancing Knowledge in the Field of Autism Spectrum Disorders
The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave) is pleased to offer the Dr. Fraser Mustard Scholarship to graduate students pursuing academic training in a program that advances knowledge in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders (autism).
This award is named to honour Dr. Fraser Mustard, who added his wisdom and expertise to the early development of The Sinneave Family Foundation. He served as a founding Board Member from 2008-2011. Dr. Mustard, who passed away in 2011, was a medical trail-blazer, a child development pioneer, and founding member and former Dean of the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University. Dr. Mustard called worldwide attention to the importance of the early years of life and that early childhood experiences shape human development across the lifespan.
The Dr. Fraser Mustard Scholarship is closed to applications.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. Please put ‘Fraser Mustard Scholarship‘ in the subject line.
To honour Dr Fraser Mustard’s many contributions and memory with an annual scholarship to an individual pursuing a post-secondary academic program in a field that supports and furthers the knowledge and/or research of autism.
$5000 – One scholarship per annum.
Terms and Conditions of the Dr. Fraser Mustard Scholarship – Please read carefully before applying:
- The applicant must be a resident of Alberta, attending a graduate level academic program (Master’s or PhD program) at an Alberta university, in a field of study that supports and furthers the knowledge and/or research of autism.
- $5000 – One scholarship per annum.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Successful recipients may receive the Scholarship only once.
- Applicants may be contacted for a brief telephone interview.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition in the fall. The award will be disbursed after the recipient provides proof of enrolment to The Sinneave Family Foundation. A T4A will be issued for the amount of the award.
- Individuals that are Sinneave directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and practicum students, during the time the application is open, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to receive Sinneave scholarships and awards.
The 2022 Dr. Fraser Mustard Scholarship is now closed. Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition in August.
Each question in the application form and the essay will be scored for thoroughness and quality of answers. The scoring values for each question and the essay are noted in the application. Ten additional points for current and/or future work in the field of autism will also be awarded.
Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition in fall of 2022. The award will be disbursed after the recipient provides proof of enrolment to Sinneave. A T4A will be issued for the amount of the award.